Friday, November 26, 2010

November Newsletter



Hi ,


Another month has passed here in Cape Town, and while some things have gotten a little easier other things have gotten more challenging. For one thing the weather is really improving, I have actually had the privilege of being hot once or twice in the past month and the days are getting longer as South Africa  moves into their summer.
On the upside and downside, Christmas is coming. This is usually  my favourite time of year, unfortunately  listening to Christmas carols is particularly painful when you’re missing home but  I am looking forward to having a South African Christmas and just might get to spend  some of  my holidays at the home of one of my South African friends. Right now my longing for home. and all things Barbadian is one of my greatest struggles.
Last month I also struggled a lot health wise but I am happy to report my persistent cough is now gone and I am now back to being 100%.       
Justice Bakes
This month we are not only discipling but baking!! We have just started baking once a week with two women from our community who will be part of our Adopt-A-Girl programme. For now we are hoping that the money earned will help our two ladies to provide for their children this Christmas.





Clothed in Righteousness
    I will greatly rejoice in the LORD,
      My soul shall be joyful in my God;
      For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,              
      He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
      As a bridegroom decks himself  with ornaments,                                             
      And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels
.
                                                         Isaiah 61:10 (NKJV)
 In our Women’s Bible Study we have been focusing a lot  on our identity in Christ, as a continuation of that we used Isaiah  61:10 to talk about how God clothes us in a new identity  and views each of us as His bride or bridegroom. We usually start each session with a fun activity and this week we started with a bridal shower game where the aim was to create a bridal gown using toilet paper, we had a great time as a group and in my teaching I was then able to relate our activity with how God clothes  us with a new identity and through Jesus we are made pure in His sight.

Last time I wrote we were in the process of choosing a location for our safe house to be opened early next year, well we have found a house and now all or our attention will now be on furnishing/decorating and creating an official safe house programme.
Things are starting to slow down as we move into the holiday season but I am sure I will have lots to share about my first South African Christmas and all the preparations we at Justice ACTs are making for  the opening of our safe house.

   Faith
                                                                                                                                                                                             
                                                                                 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment