Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Faith and absolute certainty don't go hand in hand

It just occurred to me that last week was one of those weeks where God spoke and came through big time!! He always does  but this time He really got me.

Some people may think that because I got to South Africa I have this faith thing under control...not so my friend. The call to walk by faith and not by sight is such a perfect expression because it really is an ongoing walk,one minute you have the faith to move mountains and 30 minutes later you're sick with worry about  a particular situation.You are CONSTANTLY challenged to live by faith! I like to believe I have faith and a pretty decent amount of it...oy that sounds a bit vain,but the truth is I do think that a good set of the time.But then I noticed how I would get anxious in situations where I know or rather believe God has spoken to me specifically and my excuse would always be " well I'm  not really sure it was God "...!?!? I can't believe that I really used that excuse because the requirement to have faith  is because we are never certain about anything. If  I was always sure about the end result of anything I wouldn't need faith to continue,if God spoke to me in a big booming voice about everything I wouldn't need as much faith as when He speaks in  a..still..small...voice shhh.


All of that was to say this,my phone was stolen about two weeks ago and I frankly did not want to buy another phone so what did I do? I prayed about it  and I felt like God told me to wait...wait on God for another phone?! Maybe I was just hearing things,I'm wasn't really suuuure it was God.So rather than get a new phone I decided to wait..I waited and waited,I thought a new phone was going to come in one way and it didnt...I had not only asked God for a phone but I also told Him that I needed one by the next Friday because I was taking a team out and figured it would be the responsible thing to have a phone.So when I didn't get the phone the way I thought I was going to I started to have heart palpitations.

To make a long story less long ( I'm too far gone to make it short )  I didnt' need the phone by Friday because Friday we did not go out as planned ( another God thing) aaaaaand my ex-roommate was leaving SA and gave me her phone.


Now I have a phone and I am also reminded that fear does not go alongside faith and if I was sure about every single thing I wouldn't need to have faith :)

No comments:

Post a Comment