Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Release....the future is filled wth colour

Soooo last two weeks have been pretty good,I did a prophetic art workshop...it was actually called a " freedom in creativity workshop" and freedom there was.

God is Just ( worshiping through colour)
I think it was the first time that I actually sat and played around with paint without feeling the pressure to have it come out just right...normally I could spend hours "painting from my heart" and at the end I would never be satisfied with what I had done but at this workshop it was just about me worshiping God through art and allowing Him to speak through colour and images.  At one  point we focused specifically on just worshiping through colour,no form  just colour  and  learnt how certain colours reflect certain themes and even characteristics of God. After that I felt like going home and emptying entire buckets of paint on a convas...he he he
 

The next exercise we had was to kind of paint what we felt God was wanting to emphasize in this season of our lives..we had a list of phrase/scriptures to choose from....I don't remember the one I chose exactly but it had something to with being sealed and establish and this <- is what I painted.

Its funny all this talk about colour,once I was insatiably drawn to yellows and oranges,I would probably have left the house looking a sunflower  if I could have. But now I feel more drawn to blue...a pale tourqouise blue ->

I can't get enough of it,it really its the strangest thing to me,I  don't even know when I started liking the colour...but it is the official colour of this season I'm in.






4 comments:

  1. i love all 2 but i'm particularly drawn towards the last one- its comforting

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoooohoooo!!!
    that is so encouraging, glad u enjoyed the workshop! im glad we found u faith:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All 2gether Lovely.....very nice Sis.

    ReplyDelete