Friday, November 5, 2010

"Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat......"

..please put a penny in the old man's hat
if you haven't got a penny a half penny will do
and if you haven't got a penny,God bless you!!!

Well if you're still curious about what I'm on about,Christmas is coming!!!! Christmas is honestly my favourite time of year,I'm not as into it as I used to be ( gift buying just got too stressful,you can't buy  the same kind of gifts you bought when you were 13).But man there's something about those Christmas carols,the food and most of all family coming together....ooooo and lights,gotta have Christmas lights.

Unfortunately the anticipation of Christmas has brought little spasms of homesickness , I heard "lil drummer boy" playing in the supermarket and I nearly had a breakdown.This will be my second Christmas away in a row...and I have no idea what my holiday season will look like. The base is officially closed for Christmas and a lot of the staff are headed home  so I don't know who will be around and I don't know if I will have the money do do anything with the people who do stay around... sigh,Christmas.

But my housemate encouraged me that our house will have lights,and I may splurge on a santa claus  hat..maybe a piece of ham.That's  one of the many Christmas traditions back in Barbados,ham in bread with a little hot sauce. I've eaten it every Christmas morning for as long as I can remember.  We also make rum cake...I think the English call it a fruit pudding or something,either way the two are pretty similar.If  I'm feeling really adventurous I might write home for recipe. 

On the upside,I do get to enjoy a South African Christmas !
Well that's it,I just wanted to have a small rant about Christmas...hopefully we will be having a Christmas party for the women who have been coming to our weekly community Bible Study, pictures and news will follow..I think.

Ciao!!



No comments:

Post a Comment