Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Quick update

Hi,

January is an interesting month,its the start of a new year so you want to  start the year with a bang..all emotionally and spiritually prepared for whatever will come your way in the next 12 months but at the same time you're making the transition from holiday to work mode.

Well I think I have officially transitioned into work mode again,the first couple of days were difficult as I tried to  work out my schedule between two different ministries but after committing things to God numerous times  I feel a lot more settled.

In both ministries God has been doing amazing things.Justice Acts is opening a safe house in February which is really exciting.God had spoken so much about this home and now its finally happening.It is a huge leap of faith for Justice Acts as we now have the building  but not all of the resources that we need  so we're really trusting God to provide everything,in particular the right person to  be our house mother.But in the midst of the uncertainty we do feel that God has great plans for this building,right down to the purposes and design for every room and we have even had an interior designer offer his services to us for free!


I have minimised a lot of my activity with Justice Acts as I work more with the Prayer and Worship department,but I really do feel like the two ministries will compliment one another because so much prayer is needed to carry a  ministry and the individual women we work with.I am continuing to disciple one of  the women in our programme and I feel like God is really doing a work in her which is fantastic because she had so many challenges last year, she is a woman with so much potential  and having her in our safe house will open so many more doors for her.


Prayer and Worship

The Prayer and Worship department is opening a prayer house right in the centre of Muizenberg's creative centre,although Muizenberg is a small suburb it has a thriving community of artists and..a thriving community of spiritual seekers and those involved in the occult. Our prayer house is pretty much smack dab in the centre of all of that...but people who are spiritual seekers are well...exactly that spiritual seekers,they are hungry and are more open to prayer than you would think.Our prayer house will be called  Bethsesda House and we will offer people prayer,prophetic art and the opportunity to be prophesied over if they so desire.But its just funny because even  as we have been working on  preparing the physical building people have come and asked questions and often when they find out what we're doing..they want to come and get prayer,they want to know what God has to say to them.And that is really our heart,to help bring people into an encounter with God,to present to them a God who is real and concerned with what is going on their lives.So from February I will be part of  the team at Bethsaida House... please pray for me as I get more involved in this kind of ministry.


In the midst of  all of that I am being drawn deeper in my relationship with God...you can't minister out of an empty vessel, in missions that equals BURN OUT! So I am enjoying what God has been showing me ,it hasn't always been easy because I've realised that even in missions you can still try to do things out of your own strength...and that is really not an option in a prayer ministry..or anything you want to bear lasting fruit.So with that said,I am really trying to pursue God's heart for people,to know more of His love so that I can love others...that's the reason for everything we do.

On a much lighter note, I have finally found a church that I will attend regularly.It is small Methodist church here  in Muizenberg,not necessarily the church I would have chosen for myself but I really felt it was a place I had to go...and I like it,the sense of community is great and it makes me feel like I'm back at my home church in Barbados.God knew what I needed and He knew where to send me to get it :)

I won't be putting out a  newsletter this month,just this update but if  you have questions about what I'm doing,you would like more information about Youth With A Mission or you would like to support  me financially or in prayer you can send me a message at faith.millington@gmail.com.












3 comments:

  1. Great to read the blog Faith-Keep it. Wonderful that you ahve found a home church that reminds you of home. Stay safe and your church is praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Raquel..i miss you guys a lot,the other day I was thinking how much the 3'5's will have changed by the time I get home...:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Faith. Thought of you...hope everything is going well. Enjoy reading your posts and shared your story. Really proud of you. God bless and keep up the good work.
    Lots of love,

    Nat and Sam

    ReplyDelete