Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Its 2011...wow

I would just like to start by saying Happy New Year  and I hope everyone has enjoyed or is still enjoying their holidays,I have about two weeks before things officially start back so I will  join the latter :)

I actually left Muizenberg for Christmas and New Years,I spent my time in a village called McGregor..in an area known as the " Valley of Wine and Roses".,what a name eh.Nothing could have prepared for the change in pace,especially after the hectic three hour bus ride from Cape Town, but it was nice You could literally stand at one end of the village and see the other end and everyone knows everyone,it was like a small town in  the Wild Wild West. Don't be fooled by the green in the picture,McGregor is in the desert,every garden and area of green has been watered using irrigation,each household gets an allotted amount of water that comes down from the dam.



I had a wonderful Christmas,I swam in a dam...can you believe it! Normally I have a policy that if the water isn't blue I'm not  going in...but twice I  I found myself in  nearly black bodies of water,one day in  the dam the next day in the river.



 We put up a desert Christmas tree...that's what  I'll call it for now and Christmas day we ate the traditional mince pies and had a South African braai ( pretty much a barbeque minus the sauce) in the evening...not to mention I CALLED HOME!! :D

 During this time God also dealt with me about a couple of things,it was not at all painless but I'm a lot wiser because of it and I hope to share some of my revelation in another post...I'm really not in a posting mood,so sorry you will have to wait :p

Hopefully I will  soon feel inspired..it is a new year after all ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment