Saturday, September 25, 2010

First Impressions

So I've officially been in Cape Town for two whole days...and I'm still adjusting to the cold (probably will be for a long time). I think the fact that its cold makes the transition so much  harder,everything is already so unfamiliar without having to constantly think about how cold I am. ( for those of you who are wondering I'm from Barbados where the temperature is pretty much thirty degrees Celsius all  year round  and the temperature in Cape Town is around seventeen degrees Celsius...eee).

At 21 I'm not that familiar with big life changes but this is for sure the biggest transition I've ever gone through.When I did my Discipleship Training School in 2009 I was twenty,and I remember nearly having a nervous breakdown  in Venezuela...why? I realised that I was an adult. No one can fully prepare you  for your big  launching out,in your head it seems like a wonderful idea and you're consumed with the excitement of going to some new exotic place for the sake of the gospel ( as was my case,for others it may be for college or work) but when you actually get to that place the reality of what you've left behind sets in.

That's pretty much where I'm at now,taking in the beauty of Muizenberg,the beach,the shells,the mountains,the people ( South Africa is  truly the Rainbow Nation) and at the same time trying to keep it together emotionally. Its times like these that I realise how much I need God,I  have agreed to go on this journey with  Him but there is noooo way I can go it alone.The next couple days will require God's strength and grace as well as share determination to see His plan for my life fulfilled.

So until next time Ciao!!








1 comment:

  1. Hi Faithy! It´s Janna, i hope you make this a regular habit

    ReplyDelete