Monday, September 27, 2010

Faith,food and facebook

I don't think I'm speaking prematurely and if I am, in Christian circles its often called faith.Believing that the impossible and unforeseeable will indeed happen.

A night or two ago I was praying,asking God to direct me because I was feeling like a fish out of water in a very chilly Cape Town.  I'm not afraid to tell you that I really have no plan but to follow God's plan,that may sound all Christiany and cliche but its true.I believe that four years ago God told me to go South Africa to help girls...I know it sounds vague but that's what I'm working with. So four years later on pure faith I'm in South Africa,God has fulfilled His word to me,He has brought me to South Africa. But what about the second part?


Which brings me back to " a night or two ago...",I felt like God was telling me the same faith it took to get here ( ie.my need for large sums of money I did not have) I will also now need to see the second part of the promise fulfilled. We need faith for more than money and healings,we should also use our faith in believing that God will use us mightily where ever He has placed us...do you believe that in your office job God  can use you mightily for His kingdom,do you believe that as a stay at home mom God can  use you to touch lives, I don't know about you but that takes faith. Just because some things  appear to have less "kingdom" points than others does not mean that they require less of a kingdom mindset and radical faith. Because I'm in South African with a missions organization  does not mean I can now bolt off and make things happen,I could fill my time with many good deeds and totally miss what God planned to do in and through me...scaaaaary!And yet its tempting when you want to write a fancy newsletter telling of all your missionary exploits...almost like the Facebook syndrome,only taking pictures that are Facebook worthy,wondering whether your next activity is worthy of a Facebook status,so many ulterior motives.


That was all to say that God opened some doors for me today, I met people who are working with women(some necklace making involved..( art+me=happiness),one woman in particular pretty much sounds like she wants a partner as she reaches out to girls in a particular township ( names to come later ie after I've seen them on paper and have written them a couple of times)so yaaaaaay, why is it so hard to just trust God?!

Yup so that was my big news.....and I might have a potential place to live off base,nice place too.I'll keep you updated on that one,I hope it works out because I would like to be able to cook for myself. That may sound trivial but  I have a serious complaint with wheat and dairy and what do we get a lot of...thats right,wheat and dairy my friend,wheat and dairy ( no I'm  not being some vain trendy eater... I really do have a problem with those two foods,for reasons I would rather not disclose on the world wide web).I'm tempted to branch off here and talk about food,gluttony and my experiences with both but  perhaps another day.


Ok back to my Coldplay..."nobody said it was eeeeeeaaaasy"

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!! love it faith!!!!!!!! keep 'em coming....i kno this is only my first one that im reading but great stuff!!! cant wait to read the others!!! tehe!!!!

    ReplyDelete