Sunday, August 21, 2011

Our Mandate


I absolutely love this song...I think I actually posted it on my Facebook page already.To me it really describes the people we are to be,a people who walk by faith and not my sight.

Since it is called the 'Psalm of Abraham",I'm going share some of what the Bible says about Him....not from Genesis but from Heberews 11,the 'Faith; chapter.

It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where he was going. And when he reached the land God promised him,he lived there by faith-for he was like a foreigner,living in tents. And so Isaac and Jacob,who inherited the same promise. Abraham was confidently looking forward to a city with eternal foundations, a city designed and built by God.

 I just finished a post about living in world where we are bombarded with bad news and seemingly hopeless situations...I am currently enduring one. But what I have realised is that things could be a lot more hopeful if  my eyes were set on things eternal instead of temporary things.This world is passing away,our bodies will deteriorate and eventually cease to work...that's the nature of growing old. But these things are only daunting when this life is all we are living for...we are to live like Abraham,looking forward to a city with  eternal foundations,a city designed and built by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment