Tuesday, June 4, 2013

"Couldn't you watch with me even one hour?"

Disclaimer: This was a draft post I never finished,I have no idea where I was going with it but I thought the highlighted line was funny.


These were the words of Jesus to His disciples in the garden of Gethsemane,but how often does He asks this question of us. Not one hour,but maybe a week,a month,a year..a season of our life when He wants us to  be vigilant and awake.

I was thinking about this evening,how long am I willing to wait on  God,how long am I willing to stay  vigilant...because I assure you being vigilant is not a test of ability but of will. Will I become complacent and compromise when I feel like God has stopped working on my behalf? Sometimes I do feel like some issues have been put on the back burner by God,and I get the immense desire to take things into my own hands..I let my spirit go to sleep so my flesh can wreak havoc.

Psalm 121:3 says "He will not let you stumble;the one who watches over you will not slumber. Indeed the one who watches over Israel ( I dare you to insert your own name) never slumbers or sleeps"

No comments:

Post a Comment